Update #3: August 5, 2020 6:20PM
Most of the updates have been to the user accounts system.
• Now has a current users online (only visible to members).
• Provision a user option allow users to hide themselves from the "Whose Online" function (still visible to admins though).
• The system also counts the number of pages all visitors view. This will make it easier to track down and block bots that like hitting many pages a second.
• Added avatar upload preview function and improved some database/ logic back-end.
Update: July 25, 2020 9:25PM
I've found a bug that prevented some people from logging in properly. I have corrected the bug, you should be able to login now.
As of July 19, 2020 8:42AM, my facebook account is now pending deletion. If it gets reactivated, its not by me so report it or just harass the ever loving fuck out of them. Not that facebook will do anything if its reported.
For those coming over to "follow me" from Facebook, and mgcjerry/net/com/org ... I will once again be hanging out here so I don't have to deal with Facebook, or maintaining multiple sites. I'm doing this for several reasons.
1. Less of a mangled mess.
2. Facebook's scripting makes it very heavy and cumbersome to use, especially on a mobile device.
3. Got more control over my own information.
4. No nagging. I hate few things worse than a program or place that feels its need to nag me.
5. I can pretty much say what I want here, if you don't like it, then go pound sand. Complaining to an admin will not solve anything. I AM the admin.
6. Spam is not tolerated here. I gave up reporting blatant violations to Facebook only to get told "nothing is wrong".
7. Porn is not tolerated here. See #6.
8. No sudden random changes here that breaks things.
9. I can actually upload stuff here. 100% of the time, compared to some of the time on Facebook.
10. Actively stops me from trying to make an occasional post or send an occasional message.
11. Being incredibly slow to send messages to people. It sometimes takes at least a minute for messages to be exchanged.
Do I plan on replacing Facebook for my use? Yes. This site has a minimal, incomplete user system, but registration is possible. I dont know if/when I will ever complete the user system. Other than that, Welcome to my OLD place (if this site/domain was human, it could legally drink). If you don't want to follow me here, or text/call me or whatever, that's on you. Anyway, its been here awhile.
I will also be posting all my other misc projects here as well, it will be just be piled onto an old RPG site.