Back at Home - Bye Facebook
Posted by:MGCJerry on Sat,
Jul 11, 2020 @ 7:21 pm Last Edited: Wed, Aug 05, 2020 @ 6:25 pm
Score: 10.0 1 people like this story! 0 people hate this story.
Update #3: August 5, 2020 6:20PM
Most of the updates have been to the user accounts system.
• Now has a current users online (only visible to members).
• Provision a user option allow users to hide themselves from the "Whose Online" function (still visible to admins though).
• The system also counts the number of pages all visitors view. This will make it easier to track down and block bots that like hitting many pages a second.
• Added avatar upload preview function and improved some database/ logic back-end.
Update: July 25, 2020 9:25PM
I've found a bug that prevented some people from logging in properly. I have corrected the bug, you should be able to login now.
As of July 19, 2020 8:42AM, my facebook account is now pending deletion. If it gets reactivated, its not by me so report it or just harass the ever loving fuck out of them. Not that facebook will do anything if its reported.
For those coming over to "follow me" from Facebook, and mgcjerry/net/com/org ... I will once again be hanging out here so I don't have to deal with Facebook, or maintaining multiple sites. I'm doing this for several reasons.
1. Less of a mangled mess.
2. Facebook's scripting makes it very heavy and cumbersome to use, especially on a mobile device.
3. Got more control over my own information.
4. No nagging. I hate few things worse than a program or place that feels its need to nag me.
5. I can pretty much say what I want here, if you don't like it, then go pound sand. Complaining to an admin will not solve anything. I AM the admin.
6. Spam is not tolerated here. I gave up reporting blatant violations to Facebook only to get told "nothing is wrong".
7. Porn is not tolerated here. See #6.
8. No sudden random changes here that breaks things.
9. I can actually upload stuff here. 100% of the time, compared to some of the time on Facebook.
10. Actively stops me from trying to make an occasional post or send an occasional message.
11. Being incredibly slow to send messages to people. It sometimes takes at least a minute for messages to be exchanged.
Do I plan on replacing Facebook for my use? Yes. This site has a minimal, incomplete user system, but registration is possible. I dont know if/when I will ever complete the user system. Other than that, Welcome to my OLD place (if this site/domain was human, it could legally drink). If you don't want to follow me here, or text/call me or whatever, that's on you. Anyway, its been here awhile.
I will also be posting all my other misc projects here as well, it will be just be piled onto an old RPG site.
Posted by: MGCJerry on Sat,
Feb 25, 2017 @ 8:19 pm Last Edited: Sun, Feb 26, 2017 @ 11:34 am
Been getting lots of bot searching for database dumps in many
kinds of formats.
Its getting out of hand. ALL of the
exploit searching now results in the
getting server side banned. They are also commented in the lists so
I know not to remove them. entire block
Oh let me count the ways why all 106 or 206 attempts
• Full database backups are NOT stored in /public_html. Actually
database backups are downloaded to my machine. The only backups I
have on the server is "default settings", and RPG Manager backups.
This way I can factory reset the CMS if needed. And that backup has
a salted password hash that the system forces me to reset on restore.
• The requested filenames are all wrong too. Not even close.
Nice try, but here's your
The next CMS update will have an anti-hammering system in place
so these excessive requests will get rejected by the CMS.
Completely. Right now I have to do them by hand. Also during the
next update all block-lists from my sites will be merged, and I will
chop as many class B & C addresses as possible to eliminate an
excessive lists. This will become an automated function as well
after the next security update.
There are currently 85 registered users
• Ghosts: 2
• Guests: 8
• Bots: 3
• Total: 16
Active over the last 15 minutes
User 1, User 2, User 65, [Bot] googlebot,
[Bot] bingbot x2, Ghosts x2
2 The Xtreme WAS a fantasy, science fiction
roleplaying game run using a storyteller styled method and can work with or
without dice. If dice are desired, the game runs using the werewolf die pool
system. Consult STAlex for specifics.
There are many fantasy related aspects to 2 The Xtreme with mythical
creatures, weak and powerful magic, multple magic based "planes"
to explore. In addition with all the high-fantasy aspects, the local galaxy
cluster in which the game takes place in has a lot of high-technology as
well as some areas with primitive technologies and societies and even high
technology with primitive societies.
2 The Xtreme puts you in the drivers seat as a "Chosen One" who
has the ability to acquire what is thought impossible in physical strength,
magic energy and spiritual awareness that even a majority of the most
powerful mortals in existance. Too bad you're not refined and these
energies remain untapped. Victory and survival has a price; how much will
you pay, Or will you become the harbinger to the end of times? The choice is